English for the biomedical science laboratory
Seminar, 1.00 ECTS
Laboratory organisation, description and presentation of laboratory diagnostic methods.
The students are able to
- understand and pronounce common laboratory specific terminology
- read and understand laboratory protocols in English
- show visiting scientists round the medical laboratory
- present selected laboratory methods to medical laboratory professionals
- communicate with lay people about a variety of questions from laboratory diagnosis
Recommended or required reading and other learning resources / tools
Cole, Th.C. 22009 Wörterbuch Labor/Laboratory Dictionary, Springer, Heidelberg.
McPherson, R.A. &Pincus, M.R. 222011 Henry’s Clinical Diagnosis and Management by Laboratory Methods, Philadelphia, Elsevier.
Mode of delivery
Prerequisites and co-requisites
Professional Skills for Biomedical Scientists 1 und 2
Assessment methods and criteria
test at the end of the course