Redaktionelle Prozesse und Projektmanagement
Integrierte Lehrveranstaltung, 5.00 ECTS
Introduction to the implementation of user centered content strategy processes with a focus on workflow and governance issues. An overarching project will integrate several topics and learning formats.
Design Processes: Agile vs. Waterfall vs. Design Thinking; Digital Governance; Leadership ("Digital Leadership"), Lean vs. Agile, Tools
As the alumni of this class and future pundits of UX, content, strategy, you're the 2nd generation of digital change agents. There is already a common understanding of the changes happening due to digitisation, or digital industrialisation. By succeeding this class, you're able to understand who the stakeholders are, why certain decisions are (not) made and how to enable impact. You shall be able to recognize situations of change and how to a. lead b. react on different types of leadership c. present a standard tool set and solutions d. work along and coordinate.
After the "governance and structures of power" part of this module, successful students will have knowledge, tools, practical experience in digital governance. They shall be able to persist in discussions within any given hierarchy to propel main (content) strategic questions.
- Lisa Welchman, Managing Chaos
- Frederic Laloux: Reinventing Organizations: A Guide to Creating
- Organizations Inspired by the Next Stage in Human Consciousness
- Simon Sinek, Start With Why: How Great Leaders Inspire Everyone To Take Action
- Brian J. Robertson, Holacracy: The Revolutionary Management System that Abolishes Hierarchy
- Richard Sheridan, Joy, Inc.: How We Built a Workplace People Love
- Eric Ries, The Lean Startup: How Constant Innovation Creates Radically Successful Businesses
- Blake Masters, Peter Thiel, Zero to One: Notes on Start Ups, or How to Build the Future
- Tim Brown, Change by Design: How Design Thinking Transforms Organizations and Inspires Innovation
- Aral Balkan, Ethical Design https://ind.ie/ethical-design/
presence time in Graz (March 2018), group work, online presentations, online coaching.
Students have several e-tivities to complete during the course, along with group exercises during the presence week(end)s. Grades will be based on participation in the group exercises and the quality of the final deliverables.
- Change management -
- Project management -
- Governance - The e-tivity is to produce a governance model for the real-life project organisation, Bildungsnetzwerk Steiermark, consisting of a draft, a revision, and a final document or presentation.