Lecture, 1.00 ECTS
- are familiar with general terminology and key tasks of hygiene
- have basic knowledge of bacteriology, virology and parasitology
- are familiar with the most common infectious diseases
- know the hygiene measures relevant for the profession
- are familiar with measures of personal and institutional hygiene and the HACCP concept (food safety)
- can select targeted measures for infection prevention in their role as dietitian
- can apply the HACCP concept in their role as a dietitian
- are aware of the necessity of their hygiene measures
This module introduces students to general terminology and the key tasks of hygiene and chemistry as a basis for application in advanced modules.
- learn general terminology and key tasks of hygiene and chemistry
- understand the principles of hygiene
- understand (bio-)chemical principles
- are able to describe biochemical processes of human metabolism and derive relationships for adjacent fields of dietetics
- are able to select and implement personal, institutional and HACCP hygiene measures.
Recommended or required reading and other learning resources / tools
Books, journals and relevant current primary literature will be announced by the lecturers at the start of the course or are included in the relevant syllabus.
Mode of delivery
Prerequisites and co-requisites
Assessment methods and criteria