Reflection on Career Exploration
Seminar, 0.50 ECTS
• are able to address open questions and experiences as part of a reflection process and exchange experiences with their fellow students
• are introduced to reflection processes enabling them to identify the strengths and weaknesses of thought and action processes
• learn to deal with different problems from professional practice, thus developing a professional identity
• develop knowledge about themselves and their future therapeutic activity
The students gain an insight into the profession and responsibilities of dietitians as well as the specific workflows in the relevant organisational units. The career exploration will be followed by reflection in a group setting.
• are made familiar with the profession and responsibilities of dietitians
• gain an insight into the focal areas of the profession under supervision, in particular cooperation with the kitchen, the wards and the doctors
• gain an insight into the subject-specific workflows in the relevant organisational units
• are able to reflect on the internship under supervision both in writing and orally or via e-learning in a group setting and thereby learn to cope with situations experienced as difficult
Recommended or required reading and other learning resources / tools
Books, journals and relevant current primary literature will be announced by the lecturers at the start of the course or are included in the relevant syllabus.
Mode of delivery
Prerequisites and co-requisites
Assessment methods and criteria