Internship, 8.00 ECTS
• learn to implement their theoretical knowledge in practice
• are given an introduction to meal ordering systems and how to independently coordinate special dietetic requirements with the kitchen
• perform the steps of the dietetic process with a focus on endocrinological, gastroenterological and renal diseases under supervision and independently
• take part in courses and presentations or deliver courses and presentations independently under supervision
Students become familiar with different clinical conditions and disorders and practical therapeutic measures enabling them to consolidate and implement their knowledge in practice.
• are able to perform the dietetic process according to § 2(4) of the Federal Act Regulating High Level Allied Health Professions (MTD-G) on a doctor’s order as part of the overall medical process; the dietetic process comprises the stages of nutritional therapy from the diet history, assessment of the nutritional status, dietetic diagnosis and assessment, planning, implementation through to quality assurance, evaluation, documentation and reflection
• are able to reflect on the internship under supervision both in writing and orally or via e-learning in a group setting and thus learn to cope with situations experienced as difficult
Recommended or required reading and other learning resources / tools
Books, journals and relevant current primary literature will be announced by the lecturers at the start of the course or are included in the relevant syllabus.
Mode of delivery
Prerequisites and co-requisites
Assessment methods and criteria