Internship Reflection 2
Seminar, 0.50 ECTS
• learn to reflect on and assess dietetic processes carried out during the internship in terms of professional, methodological and social communicative competence and professional ethics
• are able to address open questions and experiences as part of a reflection process and exchange experiences with their fellow students
• are introduced to reflection processes enabling them to identify the strengths and weaknesses of thought and action processes
• learn to deal with different problems from professional practice, thus developing a professional identity
• develop knowledge about themselves and their future therapeutic activity.
Students become familiar with different clinical conditions and disorders and practical therapeutic measures enabling them to consolidate and implement their knowledge in practice.
• are able to perform the dietetic process according to § 2(4) of the Federal Act Regulating High Level Allied Health Professions (MTD-G) on a doctor’s order as part of the overall medical process; the dietetic process comprises the stages of nutritional therapy from the diet history, assessment of the nutritional status, dietetic diagnosis and assessment, planning, implementation through to quality assurance, evaluation, documentation and reflection
• are able to reflect on the internship under supervision both in writing and orally or via e-learning in a group setting and thus learn to cope with situations experienced as difficult
Recommended or required reading and other learning resources / tools
Books, journals and relevant current primary literature will be announced by the lecturers at the start of the course or are included in the relevant syllabus.
Mode of delivery
Prerequisites and co-requisites
Assessment methods and criteria