Lecture, 1.00 ECTS
The lecture provides an introduction to sports nutrition.
- are made familiar with the basic concepts of sports nutrition
- are familiar with current nutritional recommendations for popular sports, training and competition
- are able to evaluate and discuss the usefulness of dietary supplements in sports nutrition
The students acquire basic and advanced knowledge of nutritional science, special nutritional science, nutrition for children and adolescents as well as sports nutrition. The knowledge obtained provides the basis for practical work with healthy people in the social and individual context and also serves as a basis for nutritional therapy in disease treatment.
- are able to process nutritional information for individuals and groups of persons and provide nutritional advice within the scope of health promotion and prevention
- are able to take into account cultural and religious needs, lifestyles and values in nutritional advice
- are able to develop and implement nutrition plans for athletes
- are familiar with holistic approaches of nutrition science in the sense of a sustainable diet - are familiar with alternative diets, fasting methods and nutrition myths and are able to evaluate and discuss them scientifically
- are able to develop and apply nutrition plans for infants, healthy children and adolescents, including special requirements of these target groups
- are able to develop and apply nutrition plans for pregnant and nursing women
Recommended or required reading and other learning resources / tools
Books, journals and relevant current primary literature will be announced by the lecturers at the start of the course or are included in the relevant syllabus.
Mode of delivery
Prerequisites and co-requisites
M02, M03, M05, M07
Assessment methods and criteria