Introduction to Electrical Engineering
Integrated course, 6.00 ECTS
- Electrical units
- Electrical resistance
- Ideal and real sources
- Power and energy in electrical networks
- Ohm’s law
- Kirchhoff’s laws
- Direct current networks: network conversion, superposition, Thévenin and Norton equivalents, node and mesh analysis, node-voltage method, mesh-current method
Students have to solve examples in exercises, partly with computer support.
Theoretical relationships are illustrated in practical laboratory exercises.
- are familiar with the terms and units of electrical engineering,
- are able to analyse linear DC circuits.
Recommended or required reading and other learning resources / tools
- Harriehausen, Schwarzenau: Moeller Grundlagen der Elektrotechnik
- Büttner: Grundlagen der Elektrotechnik
- Weißgerber: Elektrotechnik für Ingenieure 1
Mode of delivery
Integrated course, exercises 33%
Prerequisites and co-requisites
- Secondary school leaving level
Assessment methods and criteria