Study and Work Techniques
Integrated course, 1.00 ECTS
Getting to know the FH and each other
- How is FH JOANNEUM organised?
- Structure of the studies
- Rights and duties
- Target and time planning
- work techniques
- Tools for your studies
- learning methods
- Examinations and exam stress
Students shall be enabled to
- plan their studies by using methods of target and time planning.
- use learning techniques to systematically prepare for exams.
- produce documents to report and communicate learned content.
Recommended or required reading and other learning resources / tools
Spoun, Dominik: Erfolgreich studieren
Metzig, Schuster: Lernen zu lernen
Jenny: Prüfungsvorbereitung - aber richtig!
Chevalier: Effektiv lesen
Hering: Technische Berichte
David Allen, Getting Things Done. The Art of Stress-Free Productivity
Mode of delivery
Integrated course, exercises 50%
Prerequisites and co-requisites
Secondary school leaving level
Assessment methods and criteria