French Beginners 1 (A1/1)
Seminar, 3.00 ECTS
This course takes place once a week and integrates the skills of listening, speaking, reading and writing, and emphasizes oral communication and listening comprehension in a culturally authentic context.
On this course, you will learn how to …
• greet someone and say goodbye
• ask for and give a name and nationality
• ask someone how they are and answer this question
• ask about someone’s place of residence and occupation and answer this question
• express likes and dislikes
• talk about leisure activities
• order and pay at a café
• ask and tell the time
• confirm or postpone an appointment by email
At the end of the course, you will be familiar with the following grammatical structures:
• simple verbs in the present tense
• definite and indefinite articles
• plural of nouns
• interrogative sentences
• agreement of adjectives
Recommended or required reading and other learning resources / tools
You will get up-to-date and didactic teaching materials and/or a book in the course (included in the course fee), which are designed specifically to meet the needs of your language level.
Mode of delivery
Communicative teaching focusing on the skills of listening, speaking, reading and writing and emphasizing oral communication and listening comprehension in a culturally authentic context.
Assessment methods and criteria
Information to be provided by instructor at beginning of the course.