Japenese Beginners 3 (A2/1)
Seminar, 3.00 ECTS
This course takes place once a week and integrates the skills of listening, speaking, reading and writing, and emphasizes oral communication and listening comprehension in a culturally authentic context.
In this course you will learn how to ...
- correctly understand and use important everyday vocabulary
- express modalities such as wish, intention, ability, permission, prohibition, duty
- Communicate in both polite and simple language styles.
- consolidate, deepen and extend your previous knowledge from the A1 course
- improve your pronunciation
- expand your knowledge of Kanji characters
- you will be able to use not only time and date, but also time periods and frequency
- you will be able to make comparisons
You will master the following grammatical structures by the end of the course:
- Verb groupings
- Verb dictionary form
- Verb-nai form (simple negation form)
- Verb-Ta-Form (also repetition and consolidation of Verb-Te-Form)
- Verb-ta-nai form (simple negative past tense)
- Four simple forms of predicates and simple style of speech
- Comparative and superative (extending sentences with adjectives)
- Existential verbs and positional phrases
- Introduction of basic kanji characters for reading and writing
Mode of delivery
Communicative teaching focusing on the skills of listening, speaking, reading and writing and emphasizing oral communication and listening comprehension in a culturally authentic context.
Assessment methods and criteria
Information to be provided by instructor at beginning of the course.