Spanish Beginners 2 (A1/2)
Seminar, 3.00 ECTS
This course takes place once a week and integrates the skills of listening, speaking, reading and writing, and emphasizes oral communication and listening comprehension in a culturally authentic context.
In this course you will learn how to …
• talk about your habits and leisure activities
• give the time of day and hour
• describe eating habits and place an order at a bar
• express intentions, likes, interests and preferences
• talk about cities, countries, sights and the weather
• ask a stranger for information (e.g. about a place) and say thank you
• give information about a place and what there is in the town (e.g. public transport)
• talk about past events
• enquire and talk about plans and intentions
• make, accept or reject a suggestion
At the end of the course, you will be familiar with the following grammatical structures:
• reflexive and irregular verbs – verbs changing the vowel in the present tense
• expressions of time and frequency
• negation (nunca / nada)
• modal verbs querer + inf., seguir, poder, venir, ir
• verbs encantar, gustar, interesar, apetecer, molestar and indirect objects
• comparisons: comparative and superlative
• adverbs of quantity mucho, bastante, nada…
• use of estar, hay/tener
• expanding interrogatives with qué and cuál/cuáles
• expressions of place
• tener que / hay que + inf.,
• numbers: 100 to 1,000,000 and ordinals 1 to 10
• immediate future ir + a + inf.
• préterito perfecto – regular and irregular verbs and their use
• direct object pronouns
Recommended or required reading and other learning resources / tools
You will get up-to-date and didactic teaching materials and/or a book in the course (included in the course fee), which are designed specifically to meet the needs of your language level.
Mode of delivery
Communicative teaching focusing on the skills of listening, speaking, reading and writing and emphasizing oral communication and listening comprehension in a culturally authentic context.
Assessment methods and criteria
Information to be provided by instructor at beginning of the course.