Spanish Curso de perfeccionamiento 2 (A2+)
Seminar, 3.00 ECTS
This course takes place once a week and integrates the skills of listening, speaking, reading and writing, and emphasizes oral communication and listening comprehension in a culturally authentic context.
On this course you will learn how to ...
• understand ads in which people describe themselves (character, hobbies).
• talk about interpersonal relationships.
• talk about qualities and changes in personality.
• assess situations, events and experiences.
• apologize and justify.
• speak about stereotypes.
• talk about the environment that surrounds you every day; speaks about current environmental problems.
• express possibilities and hypotheses.
• ask about information and takes a position on it.
• express the aim and purpose of an action.
• express good wishes.
• understand invitations in different formats.
• request, order and instruction (in writing) conveyed.
• transmit and receive messages.
• express prohibitions, obligations and habits.
• interact and cope in social situations.
At the end of the course you will master the following grammatical structures:
• relative clauses (in the indicative and subjuntivo)
• estar + adjective / participle
• conjugation of the verb caer (bien / mal)
• verbs that express feelings, evaluate something or question information and the use of the subjuntivo, infinitive or indicative after these expressions (e.g. me gusta que, me molesta que, me da miedo que)
• it que to initiate a justification.
• conditional for expressing probability and guesswork
• indicative after expressing opinion and belief
• final clauses with para and para que
• subjuntivo in wishful sentences (main clauses): que, ojalá
• negative imperative (and repetition of the affirmed imperative)
• verbs that require certain prepositions
Recommended or required reading and other learning resources / tools
Pozo Vicente, Christina, Núria Xicota Tort 2019. Universo.ele Spanisch für Studierende B1: course and workbook. Munich: Hueber.
Mode of delivery
Communicative teaching focusing on the skills of listening, speaking, reading and writing and emphasizing oral communication and listening comprehension in a culturally authentic context.
Assessment methods and criteria
Information to be provided by instructor at beginning of the course.