English III - Focus on Mobility
Seminar, 2.00 ECTS
This course focuses on professional English for business and the mobility sector. Consequently, the topic focus of this semester is on project management and mobility trends. Students will learn about adequate tools and strategies for project management and the creation of business models. Additionally, students will be prepared to present their business ideas to a critical audience and pitch their new business concepts. As far as written competencies are concerned, students will learn how to write a short business model, complete project status templates and a research brief with focus on the future of mobility.
- Chapter 1: The world of Presentations
- Chapter 2: Spotlight: The Future of Mobility
- Chapter 3: The world of Project Management
- Improve range of vocabulary in the specialization area “mobility management”
- Ability to complete project documents and create business models in English
- Ability to professionally pitch and present a business model in English
Recommended or required reading and other learning resources / tools
Harvard Business School Publishing . (2014). Managing Projects - 20-Minute Manager Series. Boston: Harvard Business School Publishing
Goodall, W., Fisherman, T., Bornstein, J., & Bonthron, B. (2017). The rise of mobility as a service. Deloitte University Press, pp. 113-129.
Osterwalder, A., & Pigneur, Y. (2013). Business Model Generation: A handbook for visionaries, game changers and challengers. Hoboken: John Wiley & Sons.
Mode of delivery
Prerequisites and co-requisites
English I and II
Assessment methods and criteria
Continuous assessment with additional oral examination