Internship Supervision and Reflection 4
Seminar, 1.00 ECTS
The students • apply models of supervision based on their own experiences during the internship in groups and are supported in this process. • acquire knowledge about themselves and future therapeutic practice. • present and reflect on their experiences from the perspectives of professional methodology, social communication and professional ethics in writing and within the group. • learn to deal with different issues from therapeutic practice in order to develop a professional identity. • learn to use the learning portfolio as an instrument for monitoring development and competence acquisition.
- know the responsibilities of other health professions and other professions and are able to work in multiprofessional teams.
- are familiar with the documentation system of the relevant institution and can apply it under supervision.
- are familiar with models to discuss and reflect on experiences in a group .
- are able to apply acquired theoretical knowledge in their practical work with clients.
- can identify the physical, cognitive and affective components of action competence and external factors of the performance context in selected clients.
- are able to conduct history taking interviews and to apply established diagnostic instruments to derive restrictions in action competence in daily life in terms of self-care, productivity and leisure.
- are able to independently formulate client-centred goals, to develop a therapy plan and to carry out the treatment using and modifying suitable theories, practice models and methods.
- are able to carry out activity analyses by analysing demand and capacity.
- understand the effects of their occupational therapy actions, draw appropriate consequences and adjust the intervention to the situation at hand based on the reflection by the instructor and taking into account clinical reasoning processes.
- are able to communicate with the clients appropriately and to provide therapy relevant information in a clear and concise manner.
- reflect on and evaluate their personal learning success based on the learning portfolio and can derive conclusions for their own therapeutic actions.
- document the competences acquired with relation to professional practice based on their learning portfolio
- present and reflect on the experiences gained during the internship from the perspective of professional methodology, social communication and professional ethics.
- experience themselves in the role of therapist in individual and group settings
- reflect on and expand their own action competence.
- experience possibilities to cope with emotionally stressful situations.
Recommended or required reading and other learning resources / tools
Books, journals and relevant primary literature will be announced by the lecturers at the start of the course or are included in the relevant syllabus.
Mode of delivery
Prerequisites and co-requisites
Assessment methods and criteria
Reflection reports as part of the learning portfolio, patient reports