Reflection and Internship Supervision 1
Seminar, 1.00 ECTS
• apply models of supervision based on their own experiences during the internship in groups and are supported in this process.
• acquire knowledge about themselves and future therapeutic practice.
• present and reflect on their experiences from the perspectives of professional methodology, social communication and professional ethics in writing and within the group
• learn to deal with different issues from therapeutic practice in order to develop a professional identity.
• learn to use the learning portfolio as an instrument for monitoring development and competence acquisition.
In this module students learn to formulate their own learning goals for the internship and to document and reflect on their learning outcome in order to derive conclusions for their own actions. They reflect on their internship under supervision both orally and in writing in a group setting or via e-learning and thus learn to cope with situations experienced as difficult.
They use their own experiences from practical work to reflect on patterns of action and emotional states and document them in the learning portfolio. Continuous reflection leads to an individual increase in theoretical and practical competence, which is documented in the learning portfolio.
• gain an overview of the fundamentals of supervision.
• are familiar with models to discuss and reflect on experiences in a group .
• develop their own professional identity based on the learning portfolio in terms of issues of therapeutic practice.
• develop their team and conflict management skills.
• develop learning objectives for their internship.
• reflect on and evaluate their personal learning success based on the learning portfolio and can derive conclusions for their own therapeutic actions.
• document the competences acquired with relation to professional practice based on their learning portfolio
• present and reflect on the experiences gained during the internship from the perspective of professional methodology, social communication and professional ethics.
• perceive group dynamic processes and phenomena.
• reflect on and enhance their own action competence and the associated acquisition of competences.
• reflect on their own experiences with health and sickness.
• experience possibilities to cope with emotionally stressful situations.
Contribution to the acquisition of competences according to FH-MTD-AV Annex 5, 8, and 9: FMK12, SKS 1, SKS 7
Recommended or required reading and other learning resources / tools
Books, journals and relevant primary literature will be announced by the lecturers at the start of the course or are included in the relevant syllabus.
Mode of delivery
Prerequisites and co-requisites
Modules 1, 3, 17
Assessment methods and criteria
Reflection reports as part of the learning portfolio, patient reports