Seminar bachelor paper 2
Seminar, 6.00 ECTS
This course supports the students when writing a bachelor paper about a topic relevant to midwifery practice. (Topic area analysis, limitations and delimitations, statement of the research problem, framework and guidelines, structure). The students discuss their ideas, approaches and conclusions in peers and under guidance and supervision, which enhances the process of scientific paper writing.
The students are able to plan and compile independently a scientific paper (literature study or project work). They apply the principles of academic literature search, formulate hypotheses, discuss and evaluate of the results of their search and are able to draw relevant professional conclusions. The fact that bachelor paper 2 is by one third more comprehensive than bachelor paper 1 allows special focusing and in-depth treatment of a topic.
The students can
• search for evidence based findings in national and international sources
• warrant quality of midwifery health care by implementing new medical evidence acquired in continuing professional development
• formulate relevant research hypotheses from their topic area
• choose and apply appropriate scientific research methods and use the results obtained for answering the hypotheses.
• contribute new ideas to advance midwifery knowledge