Integrated course, 1.00 ECTS
By using specialist literature this course provides an overview of the clinical picture of psychosomatic disorders. Special focus is placed upon pregnancy and the post-partum period, sexuality and breastfeeding. The students develop attentiveness that enables them to recognize psychosomatic conditions. Knowledge of personality theories, emotions and stress aid them in their client relationship.
• The students know the most important techniques of consultation as well as the approaches to prepare issues for consultation for different consultation settings. They have special competence in nutritional issues, crisis situations, pregnancy and puerperal conditions and can provide tips for prevention.
The students can
• represent their own decisions in the professional world
• recognize the scope of midwifery responsibility and assist the physician to provide specialist antenatal, intrapartum and postnatal care if risks are suspected or occur
• search for evidence based findings in national and international sources
• work according to legal professional standards and economic and ecological principles
• recognize the responsibility of other health care professionals and initiate interdisciplinary intervention