Teaching approaches and consultation in adult education !
Integrated course, 2.00 ECTS
This course introduces into fundamental theories of educational science and psychology of learning that are applicable in educational settings of midwifery practice, society and health care. An analysis of different models of health care opens up new perspectives. The students document midwifery teaching concepts in a portfolio.
The students are introduced to health education in maternity care and develop ideas, concepts and practical teaching skills for its implementation in their professional practice.
• get to know and critically appraise and try out different teaching approaches
• deal with educational issues of their own choice and present them in class
• deal with different teaching tools in adult education
• acquire and practice different approaches and techniques of consultation
• The students know the most important techniques of consultation as well as the approaches to prepare issues for consultation for different consultation settings. They have special competence in nutritional issues, crisis situations, pregnancy and puerperal conditions and can provide tips for prevention.
The students can
• represent their own decisions in the professional world
• recognize the scope of midwifery responsibility and assist the physician to provide specialist antenatal, intrapartum and postnatal care if risks are suspected or occur
• search for evidence based findings in national and international sources
• work according to legal professional standards and economic and ecological principles
• recognize the responsibility of other health care professionals and initiate interdisciplinary intervention