English for Midwives 1
Integrated course, 1.00 ECTS
The students know the specialist vocabulary of midwifery and get to know midwifery around the world.
2. The students are able to identify ethical, moral and professional controversy, and discuss it in their own professional group and in an interdisciplinary team. (e.g. reproductive medicine, fetal death and its psychological effect on the affected persons and on the professional care giver. They are able to consult and critically appraise sources in English language.
The students can
• represent their own decisions in the professional world
• represent their own decisions towards the outside
• search for evidence based findings in national and international sources
• work according to professional legislation, economic and ecological principles
• respect cultural and religious beliefs, ways of knowing and values