Integrated course, 1.00 ECTS
This course provides an introduction to scientific work, midwifery research and the academic search for literature. (Sources of knowledge for midwives, signs, purpose, limitations and history of science, research process and ethics of research). The students have insight into midwifery science literature (data banks, structure of a research report).
2. The students are able to identify ethical, moral and professional controversy, and discuss it in their own professional group and in an interdisciplinary team. (e.g. reproductive medicine, fetal death and its psychological effect on the affected persons and on the professional care giver. They are able to consult and critically appraise sources in English language.
The students can
• represent their own decisions in the professional world
• represent their own decisions towards the outside
• search for evidence based findings in national and international sources
• work according to professional legislation, economic and ecological principles
• respect cultural and religious beliefs, ways of knowing and values