Self management and supervision
Seminar, 1.00 ECTS
This courses deals with work-life balance (Which position does the job adopt in life? How can job and family life be integrated? How can women cope with this?), health, self-management, values and happiness in working life with a special focus on burnout prevention.
• The students can work independently and on their own responsibility. They know the choices and exclusion criteria for midwifery led obstetrics. They are competent to look after and monitor healthy women in pre-, peri- and postnatal settings. They know their role in midwifery.
• The students can
• diagnose pregnancy, carry out external and internal examination to confirm the diagnosis of pregnancy,give care in normal pregnancy
• implement health promotion and disease prevention strategies
• set up their own midwifery business
• contribute new ideas to advance midwifery
• warrant quality of midwifery health care by implementing new medical evidence acquired in continuing professional development
• represent their own decisions towards the outside
• recognize the scope of midwifery responsibility and assist the physician to provide specialist prenatal, intrapartum and postnatal midwifery care needed in the case of suspected abnormal and dangerous conditions.????
• search for evidence based findings in national and international sources
• work according to legal professional standards and economic and ecological principles
• provide independent and process-oriented guidance, advice and care to women and their babies throughout their pregnancy, labour and the puerperium
• respect cultural and religious beliefs, ways of knowing and values
• document consultation and care and evaluate the results
• recognize psychosocial changes and development and initiate the appropriate measures