Obstetric emergencies 1
Integrated course, 1.00 ECTS
This course focuses on elaborating systematic emergency procedures in high risk pregnancy and labour, e.g. special cases of CTG interpretation, haemorrhage management, early preterm labour, life-threatening conditions and resuscitation of mother and child. This course enhances the advanced knowledge of obstetric pathologies.
• This course enables the students to recognize prenatal perinatal, postnatal and newborn pathologies, to know appropriate obstetric procedures and to initiate, carry out or assist in treatment and emergency treatment measures.
The students can
• recognize the responsibility of other health care professionals and initiate interdisciplinary intervention
• maintain all necessary records and analyze and evaluate the findings
• provide midwifery care according to specialist experience and apply research findings to practice
• recognize the scope of midwifery responsibility and assist the physician to provide specialist antenatal, intrapartum and postnatal care if risks are suspected or occur
• recognize and cope with life-threatening situations