Integrative process 2
Seminar, 1.00 ECTS
In this course the learning objectives that the teaching midwife and the student have agreed on are continuously assessed. This is done by structured guided and / or supervised practice of previously learned processes and by demonstration of correct procedures and by structured feedback.
In semester 2 the course deals with the reflection of the demands on midwives in midwifery practice, preparation and reflection of the placement experience and clinical supervision on placement.
Practical experience of previously acquired theoretical knowledge:
Gynaecology and oncology:
• basic nursing care of gynaecological and obstetrical patients
• use of materials and instruments and patient contact by applying hygienic standards
• basic support and care of the labouring woman
• fundamentals of interpretation of the cardiotocograph and fetal heart frequency patterns and the course of labour
In this placement the students become confident in using their practical skills. The placement will be in a number of clinical settings as well as in midwifery offices, birth houses, health and social care settings.
The accompanying course “ integrative process” enhances the knowledge and the integration of theory and practice and helps the future midwife to work independently.
The students keep a placement log for reflecting, evaluating and documenting the work experience and the learning process. This is supplemented by a written evaluation by the teaching midwife and the local supervisor.
Mode of delivery
This course offers
• a theoretical introduction and reflection in the plenary team
• individual or group clinical supervision
• guided practical application of previously studied processes
• demonstration of correct procedures
• reflection of the commonly used skills and procedures
• structured feedback and final assessment