Integrated course, 1.00 ECTS
This course provides an overview of the communication theories according to P. P. Watzlawick and F. Schulz von Thun. The students practice and reflect on issues related to their own future professional context (agreeing on objectives, feedback). They acquire knowledge about personality types according to F. Schulz von Thun and reflect upon their impact on communication. They learn to differentiate between perception, observation, and interpretation and reflect on the effect of interpretation of reality by means of imagination (Schulz v. Thun). They are given an introduction into client-centered negotiation skills according to C. Rogers.
• The students are able to put the job of the midwife into the Austrian socioeconomic and legal context (importance of documentation!). They dispose of fundamental critical inquiry skills for clinical research areas and evidence-based practice.
• The students can
• work according to legal professional standards and economic and ecological principles
• recognize the responsibility of other health care professionals and initiate interdisciplinary intervention
• respect cultural and religious beliefs, ways of knowing and values
• maintain all necessary records and analyze and evaluate the findings