Midwifery in the Austrian health care system
Integrated course, 1.00 ECTS
This course provides an introduction into health care and focuses on demographic indicators and morbidity and mortality of the Austrian population. The students are given an on overview of the different benefit schemes of the Austrian health service for in- and outpatients. Preventive medicine and promotion of health in midwifery contexts as well as financial aspects of quality assurance are further issues of this course.
• The students are able to put the job of the midwife into the Austrian socioeconomic and legal context (importance of documentation!). They dispose of fundamental critical inquiry skills for clinical research areas and evidence-based practice.
• The students can
• work according to legal professional standards and economic and ecological principles
• recognize the responsibility of other health care professionals and initiate interdisciplinary intervention
• respect cultural and religious beliefs, ways of knowing and values
• maintain all necessary records and analyze and evaluate the findings