Integrated course, 1.00 ECTS
This course integrates the theory of documentation in pregnancy, during delivery and in childbed with practical training sessions by using different documentary systems. This course enables the students to find their way through the currently common systems and to know the main documentation parameters.
This course aims at knowledge of documentation systems in midwifery practice and at fundamental documentation skills. Upon completion of this course the students are able to know which and how to write down information and to find it in the case notes. They are able to generate information from documentation systems in use, prioritize information and transfer it into an oral report.
• The students are able to put the job of the midwife into the Austrian socioeconomic and legal context (importance of documentation!). They dispose of fundamental critical inquiry skills for clinical research areas and evidence-based practice.
• The students can
• work according to legal professional standards and economic and ecological principles
• recognize the responsibility of other health care professionals and initiate interdisciplinary intervention
• respect cultural and religious beliefs, ways of knowing and values
• maintain all necessary records and analyze and evaluate the findings