Legal foundations of midwifery
Lecture, 1.00 ECTS
This course uses legal sources to define the central regulations for the job of a midwife (training, programme, professional activity of midwives).
The students acquire the relevant terminology of midwifery law, social insurance law and the legal protection of mother and child.
• The students are able to put the job of the midwife into the Austrian socioeconomic and legal context (importance of documentation!). They dispose of fundamental critical inquiry skills for clinical research areas and evidence-based practice.
• The students can
• work according to legal professional standards and economic and ecological principles
• recognize the responsibility of other health care professionals and initiate interdisciplinary intervention
• respect cultural and religious beliefs, ways of knowing and values
• maintain all necessary records and analyze and evaluate the findings