Organization of the freelance midwifery business
Integrated course, 1.00 ECTS
In this course the students acquire the fundamental prerequisites to set up their own business as a freelance midwife (business and fiscal management).
• The students can
• implement health promotion and disease prevention strategies
• set up their own midwifery business
• contribute new ideas to advance midwifery knowledge
• warrant quality of midwifery health care by implementing new medical evidence acquired in continuing professional development
• represent their own decisions towards the outside
• recognize the scope of midwifery responsibility and assist the physician to provide specialist prenatal, intrapartum and postnatal midwifery care needed in the case of suspected abnormal and dangerous conditions.
• search for evidence based findings in national and international sources
• work according to legal professional standards and economic and ecological principles
• provide independent and process-oriented guidance, advice and care to women and their babies throughout their pregnancy, labour and the puerperium
• respect cultural and religious beliefs, ways of knowing and values
• document consultation and care and evaluate the results
• recognize psychosocial changes and development and initiate the appropriate measures