Obstetric emergencies 2
Integrated course, 1.00 ECTS
This course focuses on elaborating systematic emergency procedures for managing high-risk pregnancy and labour, e.g. special cases of CTG interpretation, haemorrhage management, early preterm labour, life-threatening conditions and resuscitation of mother and child. This course enhances the advanced knowledge of obstetric pathologies.
• The students are familiar with the professional legislation, know their scope of practice and are able to take intervention measures for the well-being of mother and child. They show awareness for the needs of families and children post emergencies who have to cope with the consequences of emergency treatment(handicaps, secondary impairment after preterm delivery, birth defects) and are able to counsel the families.
• The students can
• work according to legal professional standards and economic and ecological principles
• search for evidence based findings in national and international sources
• analyse and evaluate measures, and develop problem solving skills??
• document consultation and care and evaluate the results
• recognize the scope of midwifery responsibility and assist the physician to provide specialist antenatal, intrapartum and postnatal care if risks are suspected or occur