Prevention and intervention in labour
Seminar, 2.00 ECTS
This course integrates the key competences of maternity care during labour. The students repeat selected contents and aspects of labour care and measures to prevent pathological progress(e.g. positioning in malpresentations of the fetal head, vertical versus horizontal birth positions, manangement of death and bereavement in the labour room). The course aims at complementing the labour management skills portfolio by the most recent evidence-based findings.
• The students are familiar with the professional legislation, know their scope of practice and are able to take intervention measures for the well-being of mother and child. They show awareness for the needs of families and children post emergencies who have to cope with the consequences of emergency treatment(handicaps, secondary impairment after preterm delivery, birth defects) and are able to counsel the families.
• The students can
• work according to legal professional standards and economic and ecological principles
• search for evidence based findings in national and international sources
• analyse and evaluate measures, and develop problem solving skills??
• document consultation and care and evaluate the results
• recognize the scope of midwifery responsibility and assist the physician to provide specialist antenatal, intrapartum and postnatal care if risks are suspected or occur