Management Accounting 3 (Budgeting, Reporting)
Integrated course, 3.00 ECTS
• Content, methods and procedure of budgeting
• Types of forecasts
• Planned cost calculation and deviation analysis
• Modern reporting and information systems
• Basic principles of reporting
• Basic concepts of company valuation
The students are able to
• differentiate between styles of leadership and practically apply them.
• apply instruments of personnel and organisational management
• differentiate between different leadership theories and reflect upon them.
• describe tasks, competences and responsibilities of managers
• estimate the influence of cultural factors on leadership behaviour.
• apply fundamental terminology and the system of currently valid (private) corporate law.
• clarify the "general structure" of the most important aspects of corporate law.
• implement the most important legal material, primarily regulating business matters.
• apply budgeting as a planning instrument, including the most important aspects of performance budget, financial plan and the budgeted balance.
• apply forecasting methods
• apply and interpret the deviation analysis as an instrument of operative management accounting.
• apply the core principles for effective and efficient reporting from both a content-related and a technical perspective.
• explain how to use management accounting information systems based on an example of modern standard software
• apply the core principles for effective and efficient reporting from both a content driven and technical perspective.
Recommended or required reading and other learning resources / tools
• Donnelly/Gibson/Ivancevich: Fundamentals of Management
• Engelhart: Interkulturelles Management
• Steinmann/Schreyögg: Management
• Blazejewski/Dorow: Unternehmenskulturen in globaler Interaktion
• Northouse: Leadership : Theory and Practices
• Robbins/Judges: Organizational Behavior
• Grünwald/Hauser/Reininghaus: Privates Wirtschaftsrecht
• Bydlinski: Grundzüge des Privatrechts
• Egger/Winterheller: Kurzfristige Unternehmensplanung - Budgetierung
• Horvath: Controlling
• Weber: Einführung in das Controlling
• Küpper: Controlling
• Reichmann: Controlling mit Kennzahlen und Management-Tools
• Aschauer/Purtscher: Einführung in die Unternehmensbewertung
The lecturer agrees to pass on an updated list of recommended literature to the students in accordance with the syllabus.
• Personnel Psychology
• Journal of Management
• Journal of Management Studies
• Controller Magazin
• Controlling & Management Review
• Controlling - Zeitschrift für erfolgsorientierte Unternehmenssteuerung
Mode of delivery
Prerequisites and co-requisites
Accounting, Business Administration, Management Accounting 1 and 2
Assessment methods and criteria
Exam and continuous assessment