Corporate Management 2 (Strategic Management)
Integrated course, 3.00 ECTS
• Theoretical and conceptual basic principles of strategic management
• Decision making and game-based theory
• Descriptuve vs. Prescriptive strategic approaches
• Phase model of the prescriptive strategic process: analysis, development, implementation, checks
• Instruments of strategic management
• Business crises and restructuring
Students are able to
• illustrate the relevance of game theory-based models for strategic behaviour.
• explain what the terms "strategy", "strategic planning" or "strategic management" actually mean.
• apply the phases and main activities found in a prescriptive strategic process.
• derive at which levels and with which elements strategic corporate management actually takes place.
• apply the instruments of strategic corporate management as done in practice.
• explain the correlation between strategic corporate management and company crises - and remdying them (restructuring).
Recommended or required reading and other learning resources / tools
• Macharzina: Unternehmensführung
• Lombriser/Abplanalp: Strategisches Management
• Hungenberg: Strategisches Management in Unternehmen
• Welge/Al-Laham: Strategisches Management
The lecturer agrees to pass on an updated list of recommended literature to the students in accordance with the syllabus.
Harvard Business Review
Mode of delivery
Prerequisites and co-requisites
Business Administration, Management Accounting, Marketing 1 and 2
Assessment methods and criteria
Exam and continuous assessment