Machine Elements 2 (Design, Cax)
Integrated course, 2.00 ECTS
• Standardised drafting with exercises (standardised lettering, sheet sizes, scale, layout, vertical section, side view, sectional view, measurement key with symbols, individual aspects, positional number, cylinders and angles, surfaces, depictions of screws and gears).
• introduction to an appropriate software programme (i.e. Solid Works, Solid Edges, CREO)
The students are able to
• describe the most important components used in mechanical engineering, where they are used, as well as their advantages and disadvantages.
• apply a basic knowledge of mechanical engineering and drafting
• calculate mechanical forces for the design of machine components.
• draw sketches of machine elements
Recommended or required reading and other learning resources / tools
• Bargel/Schulze: Werkstoffkunde
• Domke: Werkstoffkunde und Prüfung
• Fachkunde Metall
• Dubbel/Beitz/Küttner: Taschenbuch für den Maschinenbau
The lecturer agrees to pass on an updated list of recommended literature to the students in accordance with the syllabus.
Mode of delivery
Prerequisites and co-requisites
Production Engineering 1
Assessment methods and criteria
Exam and continuous assessment