Seminar, 3.00 ECTS
• Communicative strategies and business etiquette in an international environment.
• Case studies to extract and analyze valuable information, identify
problems, plus make creative/realistic solutions during meetings.
• Power point presentation.
• Writing an abstract for the Bachelor Thesis.
• High level questions for the Bachelor Thesis.
Language of instruction: English
Students are able to
• use English for business and socializing in a mulicultural world.
• enable students to express themselves adequately in technical and
financial terms in an industrial business environment with English as
the target language.
• use English as the business language for meetings and moderation
while understand the differences of communication with multi-cultural
• write a letter of application & to adequately communicate one’s goals,
strengths, and experiences.
• use English to negotiate while maintaining proper business etiquette
with multicultural participants.
• analyze and evaluat information for scientific work when using references.
• apply learned skills to prepare and deliver professional power point
presentation as a culmination of project or theoretical work.
Recommended or required reading and other learning resources / tools
• English/Lynn: Business Across Cultures, Longman
• Skern: Writing Scientific English, Universitas
• Various up-to-date materials from media resources
The lecturer agrees to communicate recommended literature to students by means of a syllabus.
Mode of delivery
Prerequisites and co-requisites
Language proficiency (CEFR): C1
Assessment methods and criteria