English 3 (Career & Performance Evaluation)
Integrated course, 2.00 ECTS
• Letter of application
• writing a resume
• Interviews in English
• Learning/training program for a new recruit
• Developing a solution to a technical problem
• Basics of academic writing
Language of instruction: English
In English the students are able to
• use specific terminology in business and engineering.
• write job applications, conduct interviews & simulate recruitment processes.
• plan a trainee programme/Employee Academy.
• analyze and evaluate information for scientific work when using references.
• apply learned skills to prepare and deliver professional presentations.
Recommended or required reading and other learning resources / tools
• Ibbotson: Cambridge English for Engineering, Cambridge
• Pilbeam/O'Driscoll: Market Leader - Logistics Management, Longman
• Vince: English Grammar in Context, Macmillan
• Various up-to-date materials from media resources
The lecturer agrees to communicate recommended literature to students by means of a syllabus.
Mode of delivery
Prerequisites and co-requisites
Language 1 and 2
Assessment methods and criteria
Final exam and continuous assessment