Englisch 4 (Negotiation & Argumentation)
Integrated course, 2.00 ECTS
• Professional English
• Negotiations and proper business etiquette
• High level questions to clarify information
• Argumentation methods
• Quoting and paraphrasing information from different sources
Language of instruction: English
The students are able to
• express themselves professionally in technical and
financial terms in an industrial business environment with English as the target language.
• Use English as the business language for meetings and moderation while understanding the differences of communication with multi-cultural participants.
• understand legal terms and definitions pertaining to contracts and business.
• use English to negotiate while maintaining proper business etiquette with multicultural participants.
• analyze and evaluate information for scientific work whilst using references.
Recommended or required reading and other learning resources / tools
• Ibbotson: Cambridge English for Engineering, Cambridge
• Tullis/Trappe: Intelligent Business, Longman
• Pilbeam/O'Driscoll: Market Leader - Logistics Management, Longman
• Vince: English Grammar in Context, Macmillan
• Various up-to-date materials from media resources
The lecturer agrees to communicate recommended literature to students by means of a syllabus.
Mode of delivery
Prerequisites and co-requisites
Assessment methods and criteria
Final Exam and continuous assessment