Production Engineering 4 (Joining)
Integrated course, 3.00 ECTS
• Basic knowledge of chemical and physical laws concerning firmly bonded joints
• Compression and snap connectors
• Welding. Especially:
• Electric arc welding
• Gas welding
• MIG/MAG welding
Students are able to
• apply the basic principles of mechanical engineering and technical drafting.
• comprehend production procedures
• describe the basic principles of all relevant joining processes for different materials and applications
• conclude which joining process should be used when from both a technical and economic perspective.
• apply the essential selection criteria concerning the appropriate conveyor technology
• differentiate between variable and constant conveyer techniques and their typical characteristics.
• calculate and apply mass and volume flow rates of continuous conveyors.
• gain an overview of handling and conveyor machines
• apply the methods and processes of Total Quality Management.
• apply statistical methods in quality management
Recommended or required reading and other learning resources / tools
• Fachkunde Metall
• Dubbel/Beitz/Küttner: Taschenbuch für den Maschinenbau
• Hoffmann: Fördertechnik 1 und 2
• Masing: Handbuch Qualitätsmanagement
The lecturer agrees to pass on an updated list of recommended literature to the students in accordance with the syllabus.
Mode of delivery
Prerequisites and co-requisites
Production Engineering I, Machine Elements, Logistics & Supply Chain Management
Assessment methods and criteria
Exam and continuous assessment