Seminar Master Thesis
Seminar, 1.00 ECTS
The diploma candidates should be supported in their scientific work in a type of research seminar. Open questions are not only clarified by 1:1 information transfer, but by presenting the problem(s) to the group, thereby solving them for all who are present. Presenting the content and parts of chapters in a scientific manner, helps encourage debate over open, content-related questions in the group.
The students are able to
• apply various different scientific methods adequately. (3)
• evaluate a professionally relevant question independently, in accordance with scientific and academic criteria. (6)
• illustrate new findings in writing, using scientific language
• defend the newly-learned insights in a scientific presentation (6)
Recommended or required reading and other learning resources / tools
• Theisen: Wissenschaftliches Arbeiten
• Karmasin/Ribing: Die Gestaltung wissenschaftlicher Arbeiten, Ein Leitfaden für Haus-, Seminar- und Diplomarbeiten sowie Dissertationen
• Day: How to write & publish a scientific paper
• Davis: Scientific papers and presentations
• Ascheron: Die Kunst des wissenschaftlichen Präsentierens und Publizierens
The lecturer agrees to communicate an updated list of recommended literature in accordance with the syllabus.
Mode of delivery
Prerequisites and co-requisites
• Knowledge of scientific work during the course of the Bachelor's programme.
• Writing a bachelor's thesis or similar paper
Assessment methods and criteria