Management Accounting in Procurement
Integrated course, 1.50 ECTS
• Success contribution factor of procurement
• Measuring pruchasing performance and success
• Significance and necessity of management accounting in procurement.
• Strategic vs.operative management accounting in procurement.
• Organisation of management accounting in procurement within a company.
• Goals, tasks, methods and instruments of management accounting in procurement.
• Selected instruments (in-depth): Total Cost of Ownership, Working Capital Management, KPIs and KPI systems, Target Costing, models of degrees of implementation
• Recommendations for management accounting in procurement
The students are able to:
• devise and implement strategic and operative processes for management accounting in sales and purchasing.
• apply selected tools of sales and purchasing management.
• evaluate performance (efficiency) of sales and purchasing, and also effectivity (reaching targets), based on KPIs.
• analyse data relevant to sales and purchasing prepare controlling decisions.
• apply methods of management accounting in sales within an international context.
• understand the structure and content of a business plan, including the relevant context.
• devise integrated business models and design valid business plans which will convince decision makers, investors and banks.
• evaluate and interpret business plans
• describe the challenges of business project planning in an international environment.
• devise, plan and optimise projects according to the KPIs of turnover, costs and cash.
Recommended or required reading and other learning resources / tools
• Wagner/Weber: Beschaffungscontrolling
• Pufahl: Vertriebscontrolling
• Cron/DeCarlo: Dalrymple's Sales Management: Concepts and Cases
• Lodato: Integrated Sales Process Management: A methodology for improving sales effectiveness in the 21st Century
• Osterwalder Alexander, Pigneur Yves: Business Model Generation: Ein Handbuch für Visionäre, Spielveränderer und Herausforderer
• Kailer Norbert, Weiß Gerold: Gründungsmanagement kompakt: Von der Idee zum Businessplan
• Pomp Thoms: Praxishandbuch Financial Due Diligence
The lecturer agrees to communicate an updated list of recommended literature in accordance with the syllabus.
Mode of delivery
Prerequisites and co-requisites
1. and 2. semesters
Assessment methods and criteria
Final exam & continuous assessment