Special Topics in Supply Chain Engineering (Industry 4.0)
Integrated course, 4.00 ECTS
Current topics in the field of supply chain, sales and procurement, which are not explicitly on the curriculum. The lecture is a scientific specialisation of content from previous courses. Topics include:
• Strategic Supply Chain Management and Mapping of Business Models (Supply Chain Operations Reference Model and Value Stream Mapping).
• Route Planning and Transport Optimization
• Smart Logistics Technologies and their implications on processes and business results.
• New Business models in the Supply Chain applying Internet of Things
• Maturity Models in Purchasing
The students are able to
• solve complex problems concerning supply chain management in an international context, based on case studies.
• link competence in supply chain management with other issues pertaining to SCM.
• assess alternatives based on exemplified corporate scenarios.
• introduce their decisions orally and in writing
Recommended or required reading and other learning resources / tools
suited towards the content of the lecture; mainly currently applicable articles from journals
The lecturer agrees to communicate an updated list of recommended literature in accordance with the syllabus.
Supply Chain Management: An international Journal
Journal of Purchasing and Supply Management
Mode of delivery
Lecture with integrated examples
Prerequisites and co-requisites
1. and 2. semesters
Assessment methods and criteria