Intercultural Management (Freifach)
Freiwillige Lehrveranstaltung, 2.00 ECTS
The Intercultural Management course focuses on opportunities and challenges created by globalization. It studies cross-cultural management issues related to business and aims to provide insights on tools and practices that help to identify understand and manage international business opportunities.
Lernergebnisse der LV
Improve cultural intelligence
-Understand the role and importance of cultural dimensions and diversity as one of factor affecting communication, HRM and the setting of business strategies
- Understand the key elemenst in international business
- Manage and apply strategies and tactics in different cultural context
- describe and discuss the global business development and how it affects industrial company operations
- Manage conflict in the setting of negotiation in an intercultural context
- Gather analytical skills to understand real world cases of international business
- Adapt and work in and lead international, multicultural, interdisciplinary, competitive, changing and complex groups.
- Understand of how the role of managers varies across different forms of
- Explain and analyze global competitive dynamics which increase both the risk and difficulty of doing business abroad.
- invoke different management theories (e.g., resource-based view, stakeholder theory, and institutional theory) to understand what is behind different firm performances around the world
Empfohlene oder verpflichtende Fachliteratur und andere Lernressourcen bzw. –instrumente
- Charles, E. Hill (2015): International Business: Competing in the Global Marketplace, 10th ed., McGrawHill/Irwin
- Doole, I. & Lowe, R.(2008): International Marketing Strategy. Analysis, development and implementation, 5ed. South-western Cengage Learning
- Radebaugh ,Daniel, Sullivan(2015) International Business: Environment and Operations: (Ed 15th)
Art der Vermittlung
The course has an eminent practical approach, firstly students will become an theoretical input and then will be confronted with simulations and case studies which reflect the heterogeneity and complexity of conducting international business.
Prüfungsmethode und Beurteilungskriterien
- Two short assignments
- Presentation in class on chosen case study
- Attendance at all lectures and participation