Supply Chain Management
Integrated course, 5.00 ECTS
• Conducting a simulated company game with several groups of students, who act as companies competing against each other on the market.
• The focal points of the simulation game are in the fields of logistics, purchasing, sales and production planning, as well as the impact on corporate success - especially business parameters.
• The students gain the following learning effects from the simulation game:
o Controlling the key functions of a virtual enterprise
o Making decisions involving risk and uncertainty
Participants are able to:
• interpret the impact of decisions concerning logistics on the success of the company
• optimize a supply chain from a stategic and operative perspective
• analyse a company's economic performance based on its annual report
• present company reports and developments, focusing on goals and results
Recommended or required reading and other learning resources / tools
Christopher, M.: Logistics and Supply Chain Management, New York 2016.
Schulte, Ch: Logistik: Wege zur Optimierung der Supply Chain, 7. Auflage, München 2016.
Kracklauer, M.; Mills, D. Q.; Seifert, D.: Collaborative Customer Relationship Management: Taking CRM to the Next Level, Heidelberg 2012.
Mode of delivery
Prerequisites and co-requisites
Logistik- und Materialwirtschaft, Mit Zahlen führen im Einkauf
Assessment methods and criteria
Immanent and closing event