PhD, ScD (habil.)
Vitaliy Mezhuyev received a specialist degree in informatics from Berdyansk State Pedagogical University (BSPU), Ukraine, in 1997. In 2002, he received a PhD in Educational Technology from Kyiv National Pedagogical University and, in 2012, an ScD (habilitation) in Information Technology from Odessa National Technical University, Ukraine. From 2004 until 2014, he was a Head of the Department of Informatics and Software Engineering at BSPU, Ukraine. From 2014 until 2019 he was a Professor at Faculty of Computer Systems and Software Engineering in University Malaysia Pahang, Head of the Software Engineering Research Group. Now he is a Professor at the Institute of Industrial Management in FH JOANNEUM University of Applied Sciences, Austria. During his career, Vitaliy Mezhuyev participated in the multiple international scientific and industrial projects, devoted to the formal modelling, design, and development of advanced software systems as a network-centric real-time operating system; IDEs for the automation of development of parallel real-time applications; tools for specification, verification and validation of software products; visual environment for metamaterials modelling and others. His current research interests include formal methods, metamodeling, safety modelling and verification of software systems, IoT, and the design of cyber-physical systems.
Publications made in 2019
(1) Papers in international peer-reviewed journals
- Vitaliy Mezhuyev, Yu.O. Gunchenko, S.A. Shvorov, D.V. Chyrchenko. Planning of routes of agricultural harvesting machines based on the use of unmanned aerial vehicles. Autosoft. Advanced ICT and IoT technologies for the fourth Industrial Revolution. Vol. 25. 2019. (SCIE JCR Q3 IP= 0.790).
- Vitaliy Mezhuyev, S. M. N. Sadat, M. A. Rahman, N. Refat and A. T. Asyhari, Evaluation of the Likelihood of Friend Request Acceptance in Online Social Networks, IEEE Access, vol. 7, pp. 75318-75329, 2019. DOI: 10.1109/ACCESS.2019.2921219 (SCIE JCR Q1 IP= 4.098).
- Vitaliy Mezhuyev, M. Al-Emran, M. A. Ismail, L. Benedicenti and D. A. Chandran, The acceptance of search-based software engineering techniques: An empirical evaluation using the technology acceptance model, IEEE Access. Volume: 7. 2019. Pp. 101073-101085. DOI: 10.1109/ACCESS.2019.2917913 (SCIE JCR Q1 IP= 4.098).
- Mostafa Al-Emran, Vitaliy Mezhuyev, Adzhar Kamaludin. An Innovative Approach of Applying Knowledge Management in M-learning Application Development: A Pilot Study. International Journal of information and communication technology education. Vol. 15(4). 2019.
- Mohd Arfian Ismail, Vitaliy Mezhuyev, Irfan Darmawan, Shahreen Kasim, Mohd Saberi Mohamad, Ashraf Osman Ibrahim. Optimization of Biochemical Systems Production Using Combination of Newton Method and Particle Swarm Optimization. International Journal on Advanced Science, Engineering and Information Technology, Vol. 9 (2019) No. 3, pages: 753-758, DOI:10.18517/ijaseit.9.3.4987
- Vitaliy Mezhuyev, Oleh M. Lytvyn, Oleh O. Lytvyn, Iuliia I. Pershyna, Olesia P. Nechuiviter, Yevheniia L. Khurdei Operators of Approximation of Functions f(x,y) by their Projections on the System of Nonparallel Lines for Computed Tomography. International Journal of Machine Learning and Computing (IJMLC) 2019 Vol.9(2): Pp. 154-159. http://www.ijmlc.org/list-84-1.html (SCOPUS SJR, Q4 IP=0.11).
- Mostafa Al-Emran, Yahya Ashour Alkhoudary, Vitaliy Mezhuyev, Mohammed Al-Emran. Students and Educators Attitudes towards the use of M-Learning: Gender and Smartphone ownership Differences. International Journal of Interactive Mobile Technologies. Vol. 13(01). 2019. pp. 127-135. https://doi.org/10.3991/ijim.v13i01.9374 (SCOPUS SJR, Q3 IP=0.22).
(2) Papers in international peer-reviewed conference proceedings
- Mostafa Al-Emran, Vitaliy Mezhuyev. Examining the effect of Knowledge Management factors on Mobile Learning adoption through the use of Importance-Performance Map Analysis (IPMA). Proceedings of the International Conference on Advanced Intelligent Systems and Informatics Cairo, Egypt, Sept. 2019 (AISI 2019), Springer International Publishing, Cham, 2020.
- Vitaliy Mezhuyev, Vladimir Lavrik, Hanna Alieksieieva. Metamodelling architecture for computer-aided design of mechanical systems. Proceedings of 2nd International Conference on Computer Science and Software Engineering (CSSE 2019), Xi'an, China, May 24-26, 2019. Pp. 132-136.
- Eugene Malakhov, Denys Shchelkonogov, Vitaliy Mezhuyev. Algorithms for classification of mass problems of production subject domains. ACM Proceedings of the 2019 8th International Conference on Software and Computer Applications (ICSCA 2019). Penang, Malaysia, February 19-22, 2019. Pp. 149-153.
- Vitaliy Mezhuyev, Oleg M. Lytvyn, Iuliia Pershyna, Olesia Nechuiviter, Oleg O. Lytvyn, Vladimir Lavrik, Oksana Kovalska, Yurii Gunchenko. Acceptance of the Methods of Decision-making: a Case Study from Software Development Companies in Ukraine and Malaysia. ACM Proceedings of the 2019 8th International Conference on Software and Computer Applications (ICSCA 2019). Penang, Malaysia, February 19-22, 2019. Pp. 199-204.
(3) Scientific monographs and book chapters
- Vitaliy Mezhuyev. Systematic mapping study and keywords analysis of research publications in the area of I4.0. Industrial Management Leykam Verlag. 2019.