PhD, ScD (habil.)
Vitaliy Mezhuyev received a specialist degree in informatics from Berdyansk State Pedagogical University (BSPU), Ukraine, in 1997. In 2002, he received a PhD in Educational Technology from Kyiv National Pedagogical University and, in 2012, an ScD (habilitation) in Information Technology from Odessa National Technical University, Ukraine. From 2004 until 2014, he was a Head of the Department of Informatics and Software Engineering at BSPU, Ukraine. From 2014 until 2019 he was a Professor at Faculty of Computer Systems and Software Engineering in University Malaysia Pahang, Head of the Software Engineering Research Group. Now he is a Professor at the Institute of Industrial Management in FH JOANNEUM University of Applied Sciences, Austria. During his career, Vitaliy Mezhuyev participated in the multiple international scientific and industrial projects, devoted to the formal modeling, design, and development of advanced software systems as a network-centric real-time operating system; IDEs for the automation of development of parallel real-time applications; tools for specification, verification and validation of software products; visual environment for metamaterials modeling and others. His current research interests include formal methods, metamodeling, safety modeling and verification of software systems, IoT, and the design of cyber-physical systems.
Publications made in 2020
(1) Papers in international peer-reviewed journals
- Vitaly Mezhuev, Oleg M. Lytvyn, Iuliia Pershyna, Olesia Nechuiviter. Approximation of the two variables Discontinuous Functions by Discontinuous interlination splines using Triangular Elements. Journal of the Serbian Society for Computational Mechanics, Vol. 14. 2020. (SCOPUS SJR 0.18)
- Mohammad Aljanabi, Mohd Arfian Ismail, Vitaliy Mezhuyev. Improved TLBO-JAYA algorithm for subset feature selection and parameter optimization in Intrusion Detection System. Complexity, vol. 2020, Article ID 5287684, 18 pages, 2020. https://doi.org/10.1155/2020/5287684. (SCIE JCR Q1 IP 2.68).
- V. Mezhuyev, Yu.O. Gunchenko, S.A. Shvorov, D.V. Chyrchenko. A Method for Planning the Routes of Harvesting Equipment. Autosoft. Advanced ICT and IoT technologies for the fourth industrial revolution. Vol. 25, 2020 (SCIE JCR Q3 IP = 1.276).
- Shahid Anwar, Mohamad Fadli Zolkipli, Vitaliy Mezhuyev, Zakira Inayat. A Smart Framework for Mobile Botnet Detection Using Static Analysis. KSII Transactions on Internet and Information Systems. Vol. 14 Issue. June 6, 2020. http://www.itiis.org (SCIE JCR IP = 0.79).
- Mostafa Al-Emran, Vitaliy Mezhuyev, Adzhar Kamaludin. Towards a conceptual model for examining the impact of knowledge management factors on mobile learning acceptance, Technology in Society, Volume 61, 2020, ISSN 0160-791X, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.techsoc.2020.101247. (SCIE JCR IP = 2.0)
(2) Papers in international peer-reviewed conference proceedings
- Vladimir Lavrik, Sergey Homenyuk, Vitaliy Mezhuyev. A derivation of the stiffness matrix for a tetrahedral finite element submitted by the method of moment schemes. ICST-2020. 9th International Conference "Information Control Systems & Technologies". Odessa National Polytechnic University. Odesa, Ukraine, September 24-26, 2020.
- Oleh M. Lytvyn, Oleksandra G. Lytvyn, Oleh O. Lytvyn, Vitaliy Mezhuyev. The Method of Reconstructing Discontinuous Functions Using Projections Data and Finite Fourier Sums. ICST-2020. 9th International Conference "Information Control Systems & Technologies". Odessa National Polytechnic University. Odesa, Ukraine, September 24-26, 2020.
- Dominic Welsh, Vitaliy Mezhuyev, Wolfram Irsa. Interdisciplinary Terminology Framework for Teaching and Research in Learning Factories, Procedia Manufacturing, Volume 45, 2020, Pages 301-306, ISSN 2351-9789, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.promfg.2020.04.021. (SCOPUS SJR 0.31)
- Uwe Brunner, Christoph Hechtl, Vitaliy Mezhuyev. Development of a Parameterizable Process-Oriented Model for Freight Cost Estimation. Proceedings of the International conference ICSCA 2020, February 18–21, 2020, Langkawi, Malaysia.
- Raphael Hartner, Vitaliy Mezhuyev, Martin Tschandl, Christian Bischof. Data-Driven Digital Shop Floor Management: a Practical Framework for Implementation. Proceedings of the International conference ICSCA 2020, February 18–21, 2020, Langkawi, Malaysia.
- Mostafa Al-Emran, Vitaliy Mezhuyev. Examining the effect of Knowledge Management factors on Mobile Learning adoption through the use of Importance-Performance Map Analysis (IPMA). Proceedings of the International Conference on Advanced Intelligent Systems and Informatics Cairo, Egypt, Sept. 2019 (AISI 2019), Springer International Publishing, Cham, 2020.
(3) Scientific monographs and book chapters
- Fatehah M., Mezhuyev V., Al-Emran M. (2021) A Systematic Review of Metamodelling in Software Engineering. In: Al-Emran M., Shaalan K., Hassanien A. (eds) Recent Advances in Intelligent Systems and Smart Applications. Studies in Systems, Decision and Control, vol 295. Springer, Cham (Scopus SJR: 0.131). DOI: 10.1007 / 978-3-030-47411-9_1
- Triple full single digit adder. Gunchenko Yuri Alexandrovich, Lenkov Sergey Vasilyevich, Shvorov Sergey Andriyovich, Mezhuyev Vitaliy Ivanovich, Levchenko Andriy Alexandrovich, Kuznichenko Svetlana Dmitrovna, Lenkov Evgeny Sergeevich. Patent on invention N139770, Ukraine IPC (2020.01) N03K19/00. Nu201905060, applied on 13.05.2019, published on (valid from) 27.01.2020, issue N2.