Working with us
This is what makes our team special.
We practice integrity, fairness and transparency in all our dealings and treat each other with respect and appreciation – this is important to us as an employer.
Working at a university means dealing with key topics for the future and providing education to young people in particular. We actively promote the professional development of our 750 employees. We are working together to shape a successful and sustainable future. It takes a successful and strong team to achieve great things together and to make the world a better place. Numerous awards, projects and scientific publications demonstrate the innovative and creative potential of our employees.
- Teaching, research and working on key topics for the future
- Scientific publications
- Modern infrastructure and equipment
- Cooperative working environment
- Positive work atmosphere
- Working with young people
- Socially relevant activities
- Wide scope of action
- Continuing education offerings
- International and national projects
- Collaborations with companies and institutions
- Varied and diverse range of activities
- Independent working style
We offer attractive and flexible working conditions. This allows our employees to contribute their personal goals and interests and to balance family commitments with work and education.
- Family friendly work environment
- Mobile working: remote working days, fixed or as required
- Flexi-time scheme
- (Parental) part-time work
- Sabbatical and leaves of absence
- 1-month paternal leave
- 20-minute paid lunch break after six hours of work
- More holidays: six weeks of paid holiday from 43 years of age and six years of employment, or upon reaching 50 years
- Paid leave of absence for special family occasions
- Childcare during the holidays
- Cooperation with childcare centres
Social and safe work environment
We actively promote the personal development and health of our teams. Respectful and considerate behaviour, a positive feedback culture and participation are important to us. We help each other in exceptional situations both at work and at home. Continuing education also guarantees job security in times of crisis.
- A career with long-term perspectives
- Corporate health management
- Solidarity fund
- Coaching in challenging situations
- Psychological and physical health services
- Health ambassadors
- Manager training
- Contribution to costs of computer glasses, public transport tickets, meals and much more
- Extended protection against dismissal
- Joint events such as Summer Party and FH Lunch
Transparent career and salary scheme
The #career17 career and salary scheme provides a clear description of career paths and regular salary increases. The annual personal development review allows employees to discuss the path they wish to take with their superior and jointly define the goals for the following years.
- Task-oriented career model
- Annual development review
- Regular salary increases
- Inflation adjusted salary
- Monthly salary paid on the 15th day of the month
- Development opportunities