Procurement of literature
If students feel that a book or periodical that is currently not listed in our online catalogue would be a valuable addition to our library’s collection, they can submit a suggestion. New media are ordered as an e-book whenever possible (eFirst principle) and generally on behalf of the degree programmes. Consequently, we have to check whether the suggested item can be ordered at their expense. We will notify you once your acquisition request is approved or refused.
Ordering media for pick-up
You have the option to order media from all FH JOANNEUM libraries via the online-catalogue to the FHJ location of your choice. This service is free of charge. Please allow approximately five business days for delivery when ordering from a location that is not the pick-up location.
Students, staff and external lecturers of the FH JOANNEUM may also use our scan service. Please note: According to the right to make content publicly available for teaching and educational purposes (as expressed in §42g of the Austrian Copyright Act), you are free to share these scans with a restricted group e.g. through Moodle. This authorization does not apply to publications intended for use in classrooms or schools (textbooks). The digital copy may merely be used for research purposes or private and other personal use. Using it for pursuing commercial purposes is strictly prohibited.
Please use this form for your scan request. We can only provide scans of single chapters not of entire books. In our online-catalogue you can often find table of contents, otherwise we are happy to help.
If an item you want is not in our collection, we can obtain it for you from another library. Log into the online-catalogue and click on "Interlibrary Loan" to place an order.
- Costs: within Austria 3 Euro per item, international at least 8 Euro per item (for employees the respective cost center will be charged, please indicate it when ordering)
- Delivery time: approx. 1-3 weeks
- Borrowing period: approx. 14-28 days (determined by the lending library), some libraries do not allow use outside our premises
- Renewal: depends on the giving library, please contact us by e-mail three working days before due date
- Return: please return interlibrary loan media to the original pick-up location at the FH JOANNEUM
Document delivery service
You need a journal article not provided in print or online by FH JOANNEUM resources? In this case you can order the journal article via a document delivery service. We recommend Subito.
* It is cheaper for students to order items than for libraries. Therefore please make use of this service yourself. We would also like to refer our external users to Subito.
* Orders for FH JOANNEUM staff are processed and charged by us.