Studies at University of Graz and FH JOANNEUM.
Experience as pedagogical supervisor, project manager and UNESCO policy assistant. Founder of Aufwind Peru.
Married, one son.
Job description: Scientific Head
Company: Institute for Child and Youth Care Austria (IKJ)
I work in: Graz / Vienna
What I do
I work at the interface between research and practice in child and youth care. I manage research projects and advise institutes who want to make their work even more professional.
Why I love my job
It is diverse, challenging and provides a goal that gives a deep meaning: more effective child and youth care gives thousands of young people the chance to live a self-determined and happy life.
Important skills in my job
- Move easily between the world of science as well as in practice
- Efficient and self-reliant project management
- Networking and enjoying working with people
How I found my current job
Through active participation in trainings, conferences, symposia etc. on a regular basis and through honest interest in the people present and their projects
What I learned for this job during my studies
- Knowledge of the national and international project landscape and grants
- Composing of successful project proposals
- Professional project management
Job prospects in my area
In the social sector, there are good opportunities for people have project management skills and economic know-how besides a social education.