Do I meet the admission requirements?
If you want to apply for this Master’s degree programme you need to have
- a relevant Bachelor’s degree or
- equivalent qualification.
Applicants must provide evidence of proficiency in German and English at level B2 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages.
Detail on the admission requirements
Applicants must have a relevant Bachelor’s degree from a recognised postsecondary educational institution in Austria or abroad. This currently includes a Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Design from FH JOANNEUM as well as degrees from other design schools.
Holders of a Bachelor’s degree or at least equivalent postsecondary degree are considered to meet the admission requirements if they can provide evidence of a specified minimum number of ECTS in the following core subjects
- Fundamentals and methodology (design/shaping, product semantics, strategic design and transportation design): 35 ECTS
- Design (projects with a focus on ergonomics, innovation and sustainability): 30 ECTS
- Visual communication (drawing, visual communication techniques, model building, digital design tools and virtual modelling): 20 ECTS
- Technical skills (engineering, manufacturing technologies, materials, mechatronics and CAD): 15 ECTS
- Internship: at least 15 weeks
The degree must be from a recognised institution of postsecondary education in Austria or abroad.
In ambiguous cases, the head of degree programme will decide whether the candidate meets the admission requirements. You will be notified of the decision once we have received your full set of application documents.
You are not an Austrian citizen?
You'll need to meet certain requirements. For more information please go to International Applicants.
Here we give you valuable tips for your application and information about which documents you need.