My internship at MAGNA STEYR Fuel Tec.
Job description: Production management assistant
Company: MAGNA STEYR Fuel Tec
Place: Sinabelkirchen, Austria
What I did:
- Improvement projects
- Energy efficiency projects
Why I enjoyed my internship:
- Automotive industry: high quality standards, optimised series production, international activities
- Possibilities/opportunities: insight into numerous areas of the company
- Appreciation: tasks with responsibility
What I learned
- Specialist expertise: developing expertise, linking theory & practice
- Social skills: soft skills, personality development
My biggest success / My greatest experience
My one-month stay in Changchun in China was a very influential experience during my studies. Increasing globalisation means that it is becoming ever more important to look beyond your own horizons early on and to develop an understanding of people with different cultures. You also learn to appreciate living conditions in Austria in every regard.
How I secured the internship
I applied by sending a speculative application via the official MAGNA job portal, knowing that I was about to start my co-op Bachelor’s programme in Production Technology & Organisation at FH JOANNEUM. Proof that connections are not essential in securing an interesting and educational internship position!
What I want to do in the future
After completing my Master’s, I would like to take every opportunity to further develop my fundamental knowledge and expand my horizons in every direction. The automotive industry is very fast-paced and is always presenting new challenges. I don’t want to overly restrict where my future career path might lead!