This Master's course in Sound Design is the only academic programme of its kind in Austria. The degree programme qualifies our graduates for jobs in the media and communication sector, but also in industrial production. They work in positions requiring sound design skills, paired with technological skills, research expertise and leadership. The fields of employment include
- audio production and post-production
- sonic interaction design
- product sound design
- corporate sound design and audio branding
- computer games.
Our graduates can work in practically all sound-related working environments and make an essential and critical contribution to the role of sound in different media contexts as part of a production team. The core fields in which our graduates work include:
- Companies operating in the so-called creative industries
- Institutes working in the fields of art production and education
- Research and development institutes
There is also the opportunity to acquire a higher vocational qualification straight after completing the course through systematic specialisation in the available skills. Graduates can also continue their academic career by enrolling on a doctoral programme.